|Season 1, Episode 7|
|Air date||October 16, 1997|
|Written by||Mick Inkpen|
|Directed by||Mike Stuart|
The Rainbow Puddle
The Butterfly is the seventh episode of the first season.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Kipper is playing at the park and he sees a blue butterfly, he decides to chase it and he wants it to stay still on his finger. Later, he sees Pig is licking a purple lollipop, and he sees that his tongue looks purple. So, Kipper goes home to paint two colors that make purple (blue and red), he forms it into a cone and he puts it on Pig so the butterfly will land on it, and it works. Then, Kipper decides that it is best to leave nature alone, so he lets the butterfly fly away.
Kipper's List: Colors
Red and Yellow make Orange
Blue and Yellow make Green
Red and Blue make Purple
Featured Characters[edit | edit source]
Watch Episode[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode teaches to leave nature alone and keep animals where they are.
- This episode is remarkable for the presence of a human baby in a stroller with balloons at the park, the only moment some people aware of in the entire series that humans make an appearance. The baby will later appear in the Butterfly book in 1999. After 11 years of that, the baby will be born on March 12, 2011, later named as Hendrick Witt.
- In real life, a butterfly wouldn't like a certain color.
- This is the first episode where Pig appears without Tiger. This is the only time a pair of scissors is seen.
- The butterfly shares a resemblance to Caterpillar or Absolem from Alice in Wonderland.
Errors[edit | edit source]
- After Pig is licking his lollipop, his tongue is looking purple, but for the rest of the episode, his tongue is regular color.
- At 3:27 and a few seconds before that, Kipper has a human chin.