|Season 2, Episode 7|
|Air date||November 2, 1948|
|Written by||Heck Allen|
The Little Ghost
The Magnifying Glass
Space Invaders is the seventh episode of the second season.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The episode starts off with a plate-like UFO zooming from the sky. It then zooms into earth. Kipper discovers it and plays with it. Arnold is sucking and suddenly the doorbell rings and Pig comes in. Kipper shows Pig the UFO. Kipper smells cake Pig says it was in the oven. It has cherries. Pig starts playing with the UFO. Pig sets it on the table where Arnold was sucking. He tells him can he have a go. Arnold nods his head no. He then walks to the UFO and waves to it. Pig thinks that they can go to the moon and all sorts of things if it was real. Kipper now has a flying saucer. Then Kipper and Pig leave the room. No one there. Just Arnold. A few seconds later, the UFO starts to have eyes. There are hands coming up and they wobble back and forth and go back down. Arnold shrugs. Pig starts playing with a rocket. He says it has wings and when he pushes it down, it speeds forward. Arnold almost touched it! Pig tells Arnold to be careful. Kipper finds out that his UFO does nothing. He just found it. It is just a look. Pig's rocket was better! The hand comes up again and a drill come up. The hand picks up the rocket and the drill makes the wings pop up slow. It then drops it! Then it grabs Arnold. But then it shows a laser and makes everyone of Arnold's toys into bubbles even Arnold! The UFO leaves. The cake is finished. They start eating. That UFO was gone. Arnold does not think they can get it back. Arnold wants it to come back. And it does. Good-bye!
Characters featured[edit | edit source]
Space Invaders[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Second of two Kipper cartoons produced in Polacolor
- This is the first and only time a dentist drill is seen.
- This episode appeared on Amazing Discoveries VHS and DVD.
- When Pig mentions, "One for heffalump", he is referencing the Winnie the Pooh villain of the same name.
- The clown plush resembles Sweep from Sooty.
- this is named after an arcade game called space invaders
- Third time where Pig appears without Tiger. (The Butterfly, Pig’s Cousin).
- This is the first Kipper cartoon to be animated by Grant Simmons.
Goofs[edit | edit source]
- When Pig says "One for heffalump", the subtitles is mistakenly misspelled "heffalump" as "effalump".