|Season 5, Episode 9|
|Air date||March 16, 2000|
|Written by||George Tarry|
|Directed by||Mike Stuart|
Skates is the ninth episode of season 5.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Tiger had some brand new rollerblades. They are called blades because the wheels are in a line. Tiger shows off saying blades are better then skates he callanges Kipper to a race but Tiger was not good at blading he kept wobbling and falling once again Tiger showed off saying he could lean over better but he fell on the slide he was not hurt but when he skated again he crashed into Pig and Arnold's pushchair rolled away Pig and Tiger were not hurt and Kipper brought back Arnold's pushchair Tiger showed Pig and Arnold his blades Pig hasn't got any skates he wants a go on Tigers but Tiger said no because he did not want Pig to get hurt so he tried on Kippers skates but Pig was bad at skating he could not even stand up Tiger said Pig just needed practice but he was so busy bossing Pig about he didn't see him self rolling down the hill again he crashed into a bush Tiger broke his thumb Kipper took him back to his house and pretended to be a doctor he put some cream bandages and a sling on Tiger also wanted a sweet but Kipper did not have any so they went to Pigs house Kipper asked him about his blades Tiger asked him if he could carry them much to Kipper's annoyence in shock. Pig was good at skating now and Arnold wore Tigers helmet and put his feet in his pretend train was carrying him and went round and round.
Characters Featured[edit | edit source]
Skates[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode can be found on a Barney VHS calls Howdy Friends.
- This episode is also featured on Hit Favourites: The Groovy Collection DVD.
- This is the first and only time Arnold's toy train is shown.
- On Barney: Howdy Friends, the pleased stay tuned screen incorrectly states that this was included on Pools, Parks and Picnics.
- This episode was used in Let’s Grow: Safety First.
- This is the last Kipper cartoon to be written by Rich Hogan.